Art

I do abstract with acrylic, and this is one of my favorites:

Pinwheel (acrylic on canvas, 24" x 30")

More recently doing more pouring techniques:

Multidimensional Highway (16" x 20")

And digital images:

Cosmic Mesh (digital, 3840 x 2160 pixels)

Very cool
Have no idea how one does that stuff

Thanks! It’s been a process of learning what works, as cliché as that sounds. I’ve determined I don’t do well with brushes, so it’s only sponges and painting knives. The pouring is all about preparing the paint in the right paint-to-medium ratio so that it flows correctly (and sometimes, getting the cellular structure to appear). It’s kind of a contained mess – or lack thereof I suppose.

For the digital one, it starts out as a simple black and white drawing with the lines that define the borders of the colors you see there, and vector graphics editing to make the lines into smooth curves. After putting in the color (the general pattern I usually come up with on the fly – but geometric symmetry/gradients are usually what I end up going for), I then apply various filters & blurring to get the look you see there.

Here’s a really nice illustration be Mati Klarwein from the back of Miles’ Live Evil album.

This was the backside - evil side - he used a photo of J. Edgar Hoover as reference for this drag queen frog.