Art

I really like these posters for Billy Strings’ Streaming Strings concert series. Halfhazard Press from Bloomington, Illinois is producing a series of very limited edition prints for each show that you have to purchase the concert stream to be eligible to purchase. I think it is a great idea, marketing-wise to do these types of promotions in order for musicians as well as concert poster designer/printers to continue to try to make a living.

By the way - Billy Strings has the best merch out there of anybody.

Has anyone ever done home silkscreen? We just got a small kit. We’ve been tie dying like hippies since this covid thing hit.

I’ve dabbled, but not done a hell of a lot of it.

You really need a vacuum frame to suck the film positive down onto the screen/emulsion for tight registration prints. A friend of mine made a slick vacuum frame out of stainless steel with hundreds of little holes drilled into it on a grid and screwed down on a thin box. He then hooked up an old vacuum cleaner hose and viola!

The thing I hated about it was oil-based inks and chemicals, but that may have changed since I did it.

On this little kit the screen is recessed so I’m gonna lay some plexiglass to hold it down. Hopefully I’ll get the details I’m hoping for. I saw another trick of putting something under the screen for pressure. I will make a big mess.

Yeah, that works too. Do you have a lamp or some way to expose it?

Yes, it came with a light too. Pretty cool kit.
https://g.co/kgs/RBHmHk

There you go!

I still have the negative we used for some softball jerseys we silkscreened for my friends meat market that paid half of our league fee About 40 years ago. Just ran across that artifact cleaning out my basement the other day.

I pulled some proofs of my Monk block.

I really like that.

Awesome @DougoBlue!

I was able to get the hang of silkscreen and we’ve been tie dying obsessively since Covid hit. We needed a way to pay for our newest habit so we started making band shirts. They’re selling like crazy. We’ve got some people wearing tie dye that I’m sure had no intentions of doing such a thing.

Nice! Love them.

Those are fantastic!