Beer (so much more than just a breakfast drink)

I don’t drink beer but I will be at the Josh Ritter show Saturday night.

The KCD Theater is really great too. Very small and incredible sound and not a bad seat in the place! We went last time Josh played there solo, same idea: trying out his new songs in front of an audience. Really cool he’s coming back.

How bout BP’s grunion? I fuckin love it!!!

Haven’t had it - I will try it immediately and report back

Ballast Point and Deschrutes are both setting up breweries either in my town or very close by.

Good to hear the Balvert’s approval. I’ll be sure to drink them in Balvert style, wearing croakies and a using coozie that makes insider references to squash.

i think you’ll like it.

i was speaking to a guy from ballast point at a brewfest and he said that a cool and unique thing about their brewery is that ANYONE that works for them can submit a beer

from the dishwasher to the window cleaner…

they meet once a month to see what employees come up with.

well, grunion was the product of a 22 year old nobody

when it hits your lips/tongue it starts out sour and mellows out for that pale ale crispness

it’s an awesome beer @james

Didn’t ballast point sell? I thought i heard that.

We were in San Diego last March and hit up the brewery in little italy. Love their beers. great stuff.

Mate bought some Tsingtao over today, goes down very easy ,

At the high risk of sounding like a beer bore, Tsing Tao tasted much better when I was in north Vietnam than the version that’s now available in the UK. I guess being near China helps.

The bottles were way bigger too, like 660ml

Had some Captain Bligh’s Porter (2Blokes brewing) over the rainy weekend. Fantastic Beer!

http://twoblokesbrewing.com/beer-type/captain-blighs-robust-porter/

So good. Dallas has some damn good breweries.

are they good breweries??? or are is their consumer base just a bunch of idiots w/ shitty palettes and low expectations?

Seriously, the past half year or so you’ve out cunted me at my cuntiest.

Pull the fucking barbed wired bat out of your asshole, you fucking asshole.

I drank a schooner of DeSchute’s IPA on Saturday. I’m still not a fan of IPAs, but this wasn’t bad. Schooner’s (32 oz) are ridiculous.

North Texas has some fineries, I’m sure beer is among them.

i think you’re overly sensitive.

also, i was joking.

lastly,
the last 3.5 years of my life have been shit. so i figure why not make fun of you? it’s reciprocity!

Yeah, I’m all for calling balv a cunt but surely there are cuntier posts than that.

There are. And they’re all his.

are you waves?

My wife and I visited Mile Wide and Against the Grain in Louisville this past weekend.

Against the Grain is like the Sun King of Louisville – popular and decent, but mostly middle-of-the-road.

Mile Wide, however, was fan-fucking-tastic. All 3 beers I tried were great – two IPAs and a chocolate stout. They’ve only been open a couple months, but holy cow that was good beer. If you see Tuck Rule or Tessie anywhere, check 'em out.

Had Bell’s Hopslam on tap last night. Really good for a crazy strong beer.

Bells did a tap takeover at my local bar and there was a really good porter that was aged in bourbon barrels too. I was too busy playing ping pong left handed to pay attention to what the name of it was.

Found it!

Jupiter - from the planets series. Outstanding beer.

The fourth release in our Planets Series shines the spotlight on specialty malts, while the hops take on more of a supporting role. Brewed with seven different varieties of malt and hopped for a balanced bitterness, this Imperial Brown Ale has bready, biscuity, toasty notes along with light chocolate and roast flavors.

This beer is robust, warming and satisfying like the piece of music it was named after.

Release Date: February, 2015

Color: Dark brown

Alcohol By Volume:
8.00%
Original Gravity: