Bob Dylan thread

They sound like they’re having a blast!

Any show with Floater is a standout to me. For years, I sang “One of the boss’s hangers-on / sometimes comes to call / at times you least expect / trying to bully you, strong-arm you, inspire you with fear / it has the opposite effect” whenever a particular administrator would walk by.

I’ve been obsessed with this tribute album for years, especially “Not Dark Yet,” and “Most of the Time.”

Here’s something fun. The track listing on the album was never changed for Duluth Does Dylan, so Jamie’s track was erroneously listed as “One Too Many Mornings.” We actually have a copy of this on CD at our local library.

Bucky Baxter on steel.

Happy birthday, Bob!

I need to go back and read all of these. I love the range of people they asked and the range of answers. Surprised at how many picked Murder Most Foul. I would have a hard time picking one. So many sentimental old favorites and total killers. Too many eras. Bob is god.

This comic strip is 50 years old.

tumblr_a9cca07d17b24e133f5facfcc2538113_8d42a2cc_540

“Dylan turns eighty today—don’t you think it’s finally time you forgave him for going electric?”

From a 1991 interview:

I asked him, Did he think he was a happier man these days than twenty years earlier?
“Oh, man, I’ve never even thought about that,” Dylan said, laughing. “Happiness is not on my list of priorities. I just deal with day-to-day things. If I’m happy, I’m happy – and if I’m not, I don’t know the difference.” He fell silent for a few moments and stared at his hands. “You know,” he said, “these are yuppie words, happiness and unhappiness. It’s not happiness or unhappiness, it’s either blessed or unblessed. As the Bible says, ‘Blessed is the man who walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly.’ Now, that must be a happy man. Knowing that you are the person you were put on this earth to be – that’s much more important than just being happy.
“Anyway, happiness is just a balloon – it’s just temporary stuff. Anybody can be happy, and if you’re not happy, they got a lot of drugs that can make you happy. But trust me: Life is not a bowl of cherries.”

:thinking:

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

:kissing_heart:

:innocent:

:man_cook: