Covid 19

I work from home.

My company told us today we will be home at least a month.

A Louisville football player’s dad died. He was 43!!!

Yeah. Apparently he’s giving the pandemic a deadline.
Has Trump ever received a psychological evaluation while commanding the White House?

Got laid off today

ah that’s tough, sorry to hear… I’m lucky that sort of thing won’t happen to me; I’d be seriously stuck otherwise

We have our first documented case of a student living on campus who has contracted Covid-19 . So it begins.

I’m sorry pm. Rampant around here.

sorry buddy. was also thinking your travel and moving plans will be on hold???

I think we hear of the 50 y.o. or 40 y.o. people who die of cv in the news because they are the exception and not the rule. On any given (normal) nightly news broadcast, you hear about the guy who got murdered, not the 100,000 who did not.

The reason, rhetorically speaking, seems like a reminder to anyone not taking this seriously–’[ask] not for whom the bell tolls.’ type stuff.

That way we can all get together and do what is recommended to slow this thing. Which is going to kill a bunch of people of all ages, but mostly older ones. But anyone who thinks they are the exception (too young, whatever) should take it seriously not just for others, but for their own sake.

Sometimes the only appeal that works to motivate responsible behavior is one of pure self-interest.

I’ll save you the googling:

For Whom the Bell Tolls
by
John Donne

No man is an island,
Entire of itself.
Each is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thine own
Or of thine friend’s were.
Each man’s death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee.

yep. fitting words and fitting poem hl…these fucking facebook warriors telling people to chill out and not believe the hype…eye roll

Yup, will probably not be moving until next year at this point. Real estate market here is shut down, we also need to fix our kitchen floor first and contractors can’t perform non-essential work right now either. Also, who in their right mind would take their family to NY right now :confused:

I have an interesting perspective because I should not be standing here today. What if I told you that I smoked a bunch of meth and ate some shrooms in 2015 then rolled my car off the road trying to end it all? Well, I’m saying you, too, can be like me! Stare death in the face and spit up blood and somehow come out on the otherside as a ghost in this world… doesn’t matter anyway because the environment will be tapped in ten years and will belch us off into the ether so Gaia and devise new species

:frowning: Sorry to hear.

I have a friend that lives in NYC… he just posted this photo. :anguished:

wow.

All three of my sisters are now in quarantine at home. They are in the same house together. They all started showing flu like symptoms all at the same time a few days ago. As of right now, they can’t get tested. They are all in their early to mid 50’s and have one or more autoimmune disorders.

oh no!!!

fuck man.

i’m sorry.