Culinary Arts

I gotta start paying more attention to this thread !

@thebalvenie
Here’s the one I got my fiancée. The first time he used it he thought it was having trouble getting warm enough - but he was also excited and kept opening it to “check the woodchips and water level”. The other times we’ve used it - it’s been no problem. He just leaves it alone - with the exception of adding water to the pan every couple of hours.

https://www.amazon.com/Smoke-Hollow-26142E-Adjustable-Temperature/dp/B00NP3U6CG

What sort of ‘cruising’ temp can it operate at?

very cool.

reading the specs and reviews on it…

seems like he chose his wife wisely.
enjoy the meats.

we’re having a potluck at work today, just ate this and it was delicious so I got the recipe from my friend.

Ham Artichoke and Spinach Lasagne, eats better than it photographs .

Saturday’s Dinner- Lamb Shanks withl Ras El Hanout , Preserved Lemon and Chick Peas, simple but effective !!:clinking_glasses:

That looks amazing. Love ras el hanout

Green Spaghetti with Ricotta Cheese .

Yum

I went to a nice restaurant in Grand Rapids last night (Bistro Bella Vita) and had Bourride. It was a kind of fish stew and was incredible.

Also had a Dry-Aged Carpaccio appetizer that was very good.

Best crab cakes in Baltimore! Yum.

Just pounded out some Pesto in the Mortar and Pestle

Charles Mingus’ Eggnog Recipe

• Separate one egg for one person. Each person gets an egg.
  • Two sugars for each egg, each person.
  • One shot of rum, one shot of brandy per person.
  • Put all the yolks into one big pan, with some milk.
  • That’s where the 151 proof rum goes. Put it in gradually or it’ll burn the eggs,
  • OK. The whites are separate and the cream is separate.
  • In another pot- depending on how many people- put in one shot of each, rum and brandy. (This is after you whip your whites and your cream.)
  • Pour it over the top of the milk and yolks.
  • One teaspoon of sugar. Brandy and rum.
  • Actually you mix it all together.
  • Yes, a lot of nutmeg. Fresh nutmeg. And stir it up.
  • You don’t need ice cream unless you’ve got people coming and you need to keep it cold. Vanilla ice cream. You can use eggnog. I use vanilla ice cream.
  • Right, taste for flavor. Bourbon? I use Jamaica Rum in there. Jamaican Rums. Or I’ll put rye in it. Scotch. It depends.
    See, it depends on how drunk I get while I’m tasting it.

Via The Village Voice/Janet Coleman
https://www.villagevoice.com/2012/12/17/charles-mingus-secret-eggnog-recipe-will-knock-you-on-your-ass/

what time should i come over?

what time are you making these?

Seconded. Wasted and meeting the Balv. Sold.

A friend was telling me about a product called Tom & Jerry’s available in Wisconsin that is pretty good for making egg nog drinks somewhat similar to this.

Of course Wisconsinites have thought of this.

3 cheers for that one.

The wife made this Thai style warm Beef Salad last night, Sooooooooo Good !! Oishii

warm beef salad