Drivel Thread 1.0

Here’s some duckling cuteness in case anyone wants some in this crappy time.

They look delicious.

i agree. they’ll pair really well with those bunnies.

They’re adorable! :hatched_chick::heart:

Speaking of ducklings…I’ve been reading this story quite a bit lately.

It’s one of our favorites.

Jason and Amanda will be on the food network, Trishas Southern Kitchen, at noon today if you’re interested. He posted about it last night. They’re going to cook and play a song.

I remember when those four students were shot at Kent State back in 1970. I was 12 years old and it made a big impression on me. I remember being a McGovern supporter in '68 - a 10-year-old and being against the war… which wasn’t necessarily a popular thing to be at the time. When these shootings occurred I was convinced our government wasn’t on my side. My parents were both teachers and they supported free thinking, for that I am eternally grateful. There was a divide in the USA at that time and a neighbor of mine almost got into a fist fight over another neighborhood teen who had a small flag sewn as a patch on the butt of his jeans.

The country was divided pretty distinctly back then - for and against the war. Today the divide is much greater in my opinion.

What else is there to do in Peoria?

my kind of mother!!!

I’m fearful of what is going to go down in Lansing Michigan today at the Capitol.

Evidently the nasty rainy, cold weather kept most protesters away… There were probably as many media people there as actual protesters. Earlier, maybe last night they disallowed guns being allowed inside the Capital, and it was closed today and not in session.

I can’t imagine why guns would EVER be allowed in the Capital in the first place. If you go to our county courthouse you have to go through a metal detector and nothing close to a weapon of any kind is not allowed.

I watched some of a live feed from there and there wasn’t much going on, thankfully. It will be interesting to see how all those media types that were there find stories in this.

Why do you hate America?

I took off tomorrow and Friday. Monday’s a holiday. I get five days before I have to go back.

I haven’t taken a day off since November and we’ve been busy AF. Most of the time my job is frustrating and hard to keep up with expectations, but I love my coworkers.

Enjoy. I’m doing the same to celebrate my son’s 13th birthday.

But tonight, I’m drinking top shelf and skipping my happy pills.

Enjoy the long weekend! I took off Tuesday for a 4-day weekend. I plan on doing jack shit that day.