Falls

My hands are really important to me. Can’t imagine breaking one of them. Hope you are able to heal properly and regain a full range of motion.

By the time I went to the doctor…because I’m stoopid…had finally had enough, it was over 40 days later. There wasn’t much they could do but send me to medical supply for a compression glove. I used that for about 10 days off and on because it really fucking hurt. I feel about 30% (as opposed to whatever 100% felt like before). I can’t make a fist and I feel the weirdness in my hand when I try to hold or grip anything. It’s coming back very slowly. I’m not complaining. I was just really surprised at the damage that was done from landing on the tips of my fingers.

Best to keep on top of that situation. Injuries left untreated could eventually lead to intensified arthritic pain later on in that area… if you are susceptible to that sort of thing.

That is a concern of mine with my back, since my mom has a lot of arthritic pain in her back.

did the cost of the painting cause you to delay seeking treatment?

if so, you might be ruining my image of you as a baller.

No. I’m just stubborn in areas. :fu: :slight_smile:

Months ago and we’re just finding out now?!? I thought we were closer.

For reals I hope you heal up okay. I caught my hand in a printing press years ago plus I have arthritis anyway so my index finger on my right hand is wonky. I kept it in a splint too long and was afraid to bend it. My sadistic friend bent it for me and scolded me into rehabbing it back.

If Cannonball were here he’d say you’ve been posting with one hand for a long time, so that’s why none of us noticed this in your posts and/or their frequency.

As I get older and slightly wiser I am looking more inward. I don’t have to tell people about all the things that happen to me. :slight_smile: You all should appreciate that; especially those of you who have known me for a while.

That all fine and well but at least we would have ragged on you early enough in to get you to doctor quicker. That’s what friends do. Even e-friends. :heart:

It wouldn’t have worked. If I don’t die in an accident or by my own hand it will be sudden because I refuse to see the doctor. They’ll say, “I don’t know what the fuck happened. He should have seen a doctor.”.

I have a few other friends that share that same strategy… I worry that they may not be around as long as many of us would like.

I don’t believe it to be an admirable trait.

Seems like a latent death/suicide wish.

You have a kid, fucko. Get yourself sorted. At least get a will.

I didn’t intend this to have a cruel tone.

ok

He scolds because he cares.

we all care.

ely speaks for me as well.

take care of yourself …cause you know…kids and stuff :wink:

still, really fuckin sucks you hurt your hand like that…i can’t even imagine not having full use of my hand.

i get a little stiffness and soreness in my right hand and i grab one of those squeezey metal hand strentheners…i leave one by my desk and one in my truck.

work your way to 50 non stop

He said he felt weirdness in his hand when he tried to hold or grip anything. Not sure how to interpret that, but it made me giggle a bit.

Somehow, I knew you’d be the one to respond to that in that way. :slight_smile:

It was about a year ago that I fell down our stairs. I didn’t notice at the time - for a couple weeks anyway - that my shoulder is fucked up now. When I fell I must have instinctively tried to break my fall by trying to reach out my arms to try to catch myself on the handrail. That action messed up my rotator cuff and it is still bothering me. I can’t reach my left arm straight up anymore or reach back behind my back. putting my coat on is a little harder now. Should have probably seen somebody, but I don’t think there is much they can do other than PT.

Chiropractor may be able to help. Worth a shot.
I :heart:️ My chiropractor!!