First album you owned on vinyl

I saw Jason Isbell say his first vinyl record was Janet Jackson, and he still loves it.

Here’s the first album I owned on vinyl… I think Meet the Monkees followed fairly shortly thereafter.

Sam-The-Sham-Riding-Hood

By the way, Wooly Bully was on there and I still love that song.

In 1981-82, when I was 7 and my brother was 10 my dad bought us our own record player to keep down in the finished basement where we hung out. He took us to Record Town with our allowance money we had been getting from both grandparents every week. These are the first albums we bought:

Air supply was my pick.

Not sure how I talked my Grandma into buying this for me but I did. It went to 6th grade camp with me. Luckily there was a turntable in our cabin and I was the only person who happened to have brought vinyl along for the trip. I still have it.

Air Supply - “heavily influenced by Barry Manilow”!

:joy:

JC_American_Fool

This album after seeing John Cougar concert in 7th grade.

New_Order_-Power%2C_Corruption%26_Lies

Then Power Corruption and lies in 8th grade. < - game changer.

I was 7!!!

Bought for 50p because my Dad liked him and I wanted to get something we could listen to together…

Wired_for_Sound

I got this one for Christmas along with a portable Fisher Price record player in 1975 or 1976, I think.

…And I want a hula-hoop!

Crap. You guys are older than I am haha. No clue but I think I had some kids records when I was little. Probably a He-Man record or Chipmunks or something. I remember the first CD I ever bought was the Gin Blossoms in 94. I listened to a lot of tapes when I was a kid. I’m guessing Bryan Adams or Michael Jackson were the first I owned but they may not have actually been mine.

My first 45 (vinyl single for you youngsters) was When a Man Loves a Woman by Percy Sledge. I was 8 years old.

Ha, 2 Aussie bands .

My first 45 was Le Freak, by Chic. For the record, Michael Jackson was an adult by the time I owned that album set. But yeah, I’m old and my tastes are older.

My first 45 was AC/DC Back in Black. I was six and dancing at our family friends Bat Mitzvah party. The DJ gave me the 45 for my dancing. :stuck_out_tongue:

That is adorable.

Video or it never happened!

:wink:

I don’t think they had video cameras back then. Did they?

They sure didn’t! My first 45 was Making Your Mind Up by Bucks Fizz… Smh