Fuck Cancer

I’m hoping this might bring a little cheer to the thread.

Fuck you, Meade. I have let your other bullshit slide. Your mom’s bitterness about having you for a son had nothing to do with her getting cancer. If anything, I’d assume that she believed her getting cancer was god showing mercy on her.

My wife isn’t generally a bitter person at all. Is she bitter that she is a mother of four and is having to fight for her life? You bet. How could you not be?

Wow

Cunt

Understand this… stop spewing ignorant and insensitive comments about things you know nothing about. Since your mother had cancer there’s a chance you’ll get it too.
Understand?

Want to know something that absolutely sucks about you, Meade? You are just a shitty world view away from being a BuzzFeed feel-good story success. Think returning-soldier-surprises-their-kid big. You have a pretty good voice, talented enough on the keys and spectrum-y enough to make you a viral hit. You’d be a hipster’s wet dream if your personality, racism and need for self-assurance didn’t get in the way. Plus, you’ll never be #metoo’d. It sucks that you suck at being a person.

There’s a song in there somewhere

I thought the voice sounded a bit castrato.

Thank you for the update. I wish you strength. I wish you weren’t going through this.

So? No, i guess?

Whoa, Meade’s here?

My apologies. I didn’t mean to imply your wife was bitter. I mean that often times cancer can be caused by bitterness or unforgiveness. Cancer was a blessing for my mother because it helped her get closer to God and she was able to go to heaven. She had been backslidden as a Christian for many years. She smoked too much and that is probably why. She had pancreatic cancer and she was only 52 when she died. I don’t think she ever regretted having me- even though she was almost 42 and the Doctors at the time thought I would turn out to be a potato head.

Meade, I know you aren’t a bitter person but please tell me you do self exams and check for lumps.

You’re an idiot.

Second that

go fuck yourself.

Another update…

We meet with the surgeon on April 3rd. Hopefully we leave with a date for surgery.

We had another appointment with the oncologist on Tuesday. The chemo is still working and most days she still feels like shit. Friday things got scary. She started peeing blood. They ran their tests and she was treated as if she has a UTI. The tests came back negative, though. The blood pee had stopped for the most part.

Cut to today… She’s peeing blood again and in a lot of pain. We went to the ER, they did a CT scan and determined that she is passing kidney stones. Yeah. On top of everything else. The belief is that she had some dormant stones that we’re broken up by the chemo pills. It’s hard to watch. She just has to pass them, they don’t want to put her body through anything super evasive.

Thinking about you guys, man. Hoping things will look up soon.

kidney stones!? unrelated to the cancer?? for fuck’s sake dude, she can’t win.

i’m glad to hear she is responding to the chemo. it seems like from what i have witnessed and read, when a cancer patient first starts chemo and it doesn’t really do anything, or it actually does more harm than good, then those are the cases that don’t end well. the fact that the chemo is working is a big reason to remain optimistic. and that’s great you’re going to be able to schedule the surgery soon. i’m sure the fucking waiting has been awful. all in all everything sounds very positive, all things considered. that’s awesome.

i saw your older post about nausea meds and Phenergan. i always hated Phenergan too because it knocked me the fuck out. i literally couldn’t function on it. i’m guessing the doctor put her on Zofran instead, but if not, get that. that works the best, hands-down, and i’m not aware of any bad side effects.

glad to hear the update! keep on keepin on.

May she have a safe and speedy recovery. Sending you love and light.

Zofran wasn’t really working so she’s now on Compazine. It’s working much better.

Thanks for all of the kindness, everyone!