I just got a call ...

My second oldest sister just posted a memorial event for her on Facebook. I haven’t even acknowledged her death to anyone on Facebook. I’m not the kind of person to do that anyway. I texted her today with this:

Hey. I’m letting you know this here. I’m sorry for likely hurting your feelings and I love you but here it is. This memorial for Marie offends me to my core. Eulogizing this monster in any way is on par with presenting a Hitler Memorial to Jews. And you shouldn’t be surprised that it offends many other people as well.

that’s a good bit of writing right there.

also,
comparing anyone to Hitler…wow! sorry man

I admire your resolve. When I’m done with someone, I’m done. People think it’s cold but fuck them.

I was hoping you would say the memorial is a bit like sending Lacey a thank you note for a mixed tape she never sent.

I feel you about keeping people out of your life.

Monkey, why does your family (aside from you) try to posthumously make shit people into good ones? Didn’t the exact same thing happen when your dad passed away?

No idea. I’m okay with their messed up, convoluted love for my father, in a way, though. He, at least, had a kindness to him. My mother was pure evil.

I can’t tell you why they do what they do. I can say, through my own experience, that they all have a very unhealthy co-dependent relationship with one another…and that’s why my son will never have them in his life. He’s better off this way. He is a happy, healthy, well adjusted human being. Why fuck that up, right?

So I take you don’t see him any more either.

I kid

Fucking brilliant.

Also, I’ve made very positive changes in my life in the last year or so. Alcohol doesn’t make me it’s bitch anymore.

I’ve wiped all of my debt.

I’ve done my best to make amends with people I’ve hurt and have done better to connect and make my relationships amicable.

I’ve opened my eyes to the fact that I wasn’t doing dick about things I could change while I was also stressing too much about the things that I could not.

Recent months have proven to be really good, if not really challenging. I am able to say, with confidence, that for the very first time in my 47 year I am happy. I feel connected to the world and I am confident in what I believe. My doubts and negative b.s. is gone.

Still a pessimist though. It’s served in my survival this far.

:smiley:

In a way, I’ve been on a 12 stepper without a pesky God interfering. :smiley:

Are you dying?

I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean and I hope you dance.

Don’t feel pressure to feel bad about her death. Don’t feel bad about not feeling bad. Sometimes losing something really only confirms how little you needed it anyway.

Ha!

And…we’re all dying.

This is wonderful. I’m sorry you have never been happy before, though.

Get yourself a bidet. Then you’ll know true happiness.

like your appendix

I’ve had time to process the events of the past 6 days. I don’t feel bad. I’m actually quite relieved she can’t fuck anyone over anymore. That was her gig from sun up to sun down. Truly evil person.

I like your spleen.

Yes! You’ll grow stronger day bidet.

Puns, I do not care for.

at least she had nights off.