It's a beautiful, sunny day & it just sucks.

I just buried my dog Libby about thirty minutes ago. She just turned 14 on April 6th. She got cancer in her jaw about 8 months ago. It’s been rough but things just took a really bad turn this week. And we were not going to let her suffer. We put her to sleep. We made a doggy coffin for her & now she’ll rest in our back yard with our two previous dogs. Now I’m trying to relax between sobs & listening to Uncle Tupelo’s final show.

I’m so sorry. It’s incredibly painful and I feel for you. I had a dog, Ginger, who I always refer to as the best dog ever, and I miss her still 8 years after she was put to sleep. It’s an absolute tragedy that dogs lifespan is so short. May Libby rest in peace. :heart:

Can you share her picture?

Awwww man

I’m so fucking sorry

My lab is 12 this year and he’s been my bestie for all of em

Much love and peace your way

Thanks guys. Libby was a black lab & she was just an absolute sweetheart. This is gonna hurt for a while. LBSNFLWR, I don’t really have a good picture to share. Libby would not sit still for pictures. I guess she was camera shy. And I’ve never really been into pictures myself. I’m listening to Josh Rouse now. His music is quite calming. One of America’s hidden treasures.

Agreed. I like what I’ve heard of his too.

I feel like most of us can relate to what you’re going through. :broken_heart:

Even now my “New” dog is 9 and my cat is 18!! But the pain you feel now can never amount to all the joy and love for all the years you had her…and so I believe it’s always worth it.

I’m so sorry. You were good to not let her suffer. We have a black lab as well and love him so much. My heart goes out to you.

So sorry to hear this. Some people never get another dog because they don’t want to go through the pain again, but you gotta balance it with all the joy they bring. Take care.

I’m so sorry for your loss!

So sorry for your loss! It’s so hard… I still miss my dogs from my younger days

That really sucks. I’ve always had stronger emotional bonds with animals than people. I still think about my last pet pretty much every other day. I am sincerely sorry for your loss.