Jason isbell announces new album and 5 nights at The Ryman

Ta, not fully sure what his reply means…

@exile
Maybe he meant it was a brave song to release given their friendship and the potential fallout… that he didn’t find it entirely flattering but critical

Ryan was up super late and tweeted q&a?? And the questions started rolling in and he answered.

I wasn’t there but looks like he was all over the map last night given the conversations going on and the coverage

I’ve just skimmed so I don’t have the skinny

Can’t find all the others. They may have been deleted. Someone more twitter friendly than me may be able to find them but I couldn’t. Here’s the one still up.

I see it as more of an admission that he is less brave than he is hurting a lot.

Good read that.

He keeps comes coming around so I keep seeing him! Read what he’s doing here with these “verified tickets”

JUST ANNOUNCED!
With Special Guests
Chris Knight
Ruston Kelly

Thursday, December 14, 2017
Friday, December 15, 2017
Louisville Palace Theatre
Louisville, KY

Jason Isbell and The 400 Unit
December 14-15
Louisville Palace Theatre

Tickets on sale Friday, August 18 at noon
To ensure fans get the best tickets, the Jason Isbell camp has decided to collaborate with the Ticketmaster #VerifiedFan Platform - a unique, fan-first technology that seeks to level the playing field so REAL fans get access to tickets, not bots or scalpers.

Details:
Today (8/14) - #VerifiedFan registrations open
Wednesday at 10pm (8/16) - #VerifiedFan registrations close
Friday at noon (8/18) - #VerifiedFan onsale

Good for them. Can’t wait to see him here in the uk in October

https://www.jambase.com/article/austin-city-limits-live-stream-jason-isbell-amanda-shires-performances

‘Austin City Limits’ To Live Stream Jason Isbell & Amanda Shires Performances

On Monday, August 21, Jason Isbell and Amanda Shires will appear at ACL Live At The Moody Theater to record an episode of Austin City Limits. If you can’t make it to Austin, Texas to see the married couple’s performance in person, there’s an option to watch for free from home or wherever you have an internet connection.

Monday’s Austin City Limits taping will be webcast live for free on the official ACL YouTube channel. The webcast begins with a set by Shires and her band starting at 8 p.m. CT. After an intermission, Isbell and his band The 400 Unit (which occasionally includes Shires) will then perform live in Austin.

Jason’s lyric. “you have the past on your breath my friend” do you suppose ryan was/is drinking or using again? juts curious if anybody else interprets that.

That’s a good point.

He’s made comments recently about drinking wine, hasn’t he?

I completely took that to be about Mandy. on your breath as in speaking.

and I have not seen anything he’s said about drinking wine.

also, the verified ticket thing worked well. I had a code texted to me a few hours ago and just bought the tickets when they went on sale at noon.
I got 2nd row of the balcony and am happy with that.

The past on your breath can also mean the behaviors and attitude associated with addiction or alcoholism

He carries a lot of baggage

And is propbably one melt down away from using again

But let’s hope he stays sober

He’s (Ryan) a dry drunk, and a pothead. Isbell seems to be growing in sobriety instead.

In an hour we can live stream Amanda’s set followed by Jason’s set on ACL!

I’m in. So cool we get to watch this live!

This show I thought was starting at 8 was really at 9:00 and then Amanda played for an hour. Then a 30 minute break. I doubt I’ll make it for whole show, especially since he’s playing Codeine. :grin:

edit: show was pretty boring overall. I stayed up for the whole thing. Mostly new songs and mostly slow songs. They never really rocked out until they got to the last song Anxiety. Good live but one of my least favorites on the new album.

highlight for me was Chaos and Clothes.

https://www.jambase.com/article/jason-isbell-performs-npr-tiny-desk-concert

Earlier this year Jason Isbell and The 400 Unit released their latest studio album The Nashville Sound. The singer-songwriter recently led the group through several of the songs on the album for NPR Music’s Tiny Desk Concert video series.

Isbell performed on acoustic guitar backed by his wife Amanda Shires on fiddle, Jimbo Hart on bass, Sadler Vaden on guitar, Chad Gamble on drums and Derry deBorja on accordion, the ensemble started their performance with “Chaos And Clothes” and a restarted “Molotov,” both of which are on the new record. At the start of “Last Of My Kind” Isbell asked the NPR audience if anyone played guitar and brought up Ashwin Wadekar from the crowd to sit-in on the final song of the set.