Jason isbell announces new album and 5 nights at The Ryman

That’s some great insight. Not many songwriter do this kind of thing, giving context. Makes me want to listen to each line even more and look at each song as a kind of study on that idea. I relate it to a painter that picks his medium, his colors and his style then executes a final piece of art.

Thanks for sharing this, LB.

Finally a live stream that was enjoyable. Still not an adequate substitute for the real thing:

I watched that last night and I enjoyed it. It was at a bowling alley!

I had tickets to go to that new Brooklyn Bowl in Nashville in April. Obviously it didn’t happen.

I watched some of Jason and Amanda tonight. I will have to go back and finish it. I got through River.

The songs really shine in the acoustic arrangement, and I always enjoy the banter between the two.

Two new recordings from Jason Isbell on Bandcamp: https://jasonisbell.bandcamp.com/album/maybe-its-time-demo-b-w-alabama-sky

I downloaded both those new singles and like the demos a lot. Great songs.

I don’t like dropbox much, took me over a week to finally receive my download link. My account was set up with my old work email address and changing it was a nightmare - not sure they’ve got it figured out yet.

I love how mind-blown this guy is. I feel you, dude. I feel you! The song still gets to me. The Johnny and June glances at each other don’t hurt either.

That was sweet.