Live Music Thread

Aw damn, missed it.

A few old ticket stubs from around this time of year. That Allmans show was the only time I saw them. They didn’t make it up here much. Dickey Betts was still in the band. I was more curious than anything but it turned out that they were still really good. The Sex Pistols tickets were freebies. I remember Steve Jones spent the whole show with his back to the crowd. Neil’s show was with the International Harvesters. A pure country show.

This show/tour sounds interesting… Not so sure this music should be revisited, though.

https://www.jambase.com/article/warren-haynes-john-medeski-lukas-nelson-last-waltz-tour-2019

Getting tickets today to see Delbert McClinton here in town at the State in a couple weeks.

Really excited about going to see Delbert after being a fan for so many years.

Just found out Kathleen Edwards is opening for Josh Ritter at The Ryman in a few weeks!!! So excited! I have never seen her.

She’s so great live!

I’m going to see Mary Chapin Carpenter and Shawn Colvin soon. Never seen them together.

Drive-By Truckers tonight at Paristown Hall, a brand new live music venue in Louisville. It’s pretty sweet. It was Mike Cooley’s Birthday too.

Going to see Delbert McClinton tonight!

Great show last night. I really loved his band. The horn section really makes a big difference.

I love the woman’s hand in that last picture.

We may have done this before but something fun from Twitter:

first concert - Richard Marx

last concert - Kurt Vile

next concert - Josh Ritter

best - Radiohead @ The Tower Theater

seen most - The Black Crowes

want to see - The Rolling Stones

first concert - Bachman Turner Overdrive

last concert - Delbert McClinton

next concert - Gregory Alan Isakov(?)

best - Little Feat - Grand Rapids, Mi 1978

seen most - Tom Waits

want to see - Tom Waits

Ha! Technically I want to see the black Crowes too. But I took that as someone you haven’t seen that you want to see. :blush:

First concert: Queen

Last concert: Dave Alvin

Next concert: Mary Chapin Carpenter and Shawn Colvin

Best concert: Amanda Shires (but I could change my mind about that–this is hard!)

Seen most: Bruce Springsteen

Want to see: Kathleen Edwards

Also are you questioning seeing Isakov or questioning what you have next?

Interesting. I’m seeing Amanda Shires open for Josh Ritter on Wednesday and seeing Kathleen Edwards open for Josh Ritter on Saturday!!!

I can’t really get into Amanda’s music, but I’ll give it another try.

Also, I want to see Bruce. I could have put him in place of The Rolling Stones.

I would love to see both, but especially Kathleen Edwards, since she plays so rarely.

Here are some tracks of Amanda Shires that I like:

Well, honestly I’m not sure that we are going to the GAI show coming up in November in Detroit… on a Monday night.

My friend who gave my ticket to a friend for the show a few months ago I wasn’t able to attend wanted to repay me my ticket and sent me a message asking about going and seeing him in Detroit - he’s buying.

I checked the date and was kind of hesitant, but replied about 4 hours later saying “sure, I think I can make that work on a Monday night”. I haven’t heard anything back.