Live Music Thread

I would expect no repeats from any band doing a three night run! :blush:

https://events.seated.com/father-john-misty

If anyone is near by. I’d love to see this.

It’s just two short months away, but there’s a rescheduled music festival coming up and I’m keeping my fingers crossed it still happens. I can’t even remember the last show I saw.

We are finally going to see My Morning Jacket in October. As much as we love this band we never have see them live which is crazy. A few weeks ago when tickets went on sale my coworker and I got super excited. Then he pulled up tickets and said they were $200 each plus fees. Well I guess we aren’t going. Anyway checked last night and tickets are only 45 plus fees (he was looking at VIP). We’re in nosebleed thanks to my fucking coworker but at least we’re in the building.

We took at trip to Chicago more than ten years ago to see them play at Chicago Theater. We had to wrangle tickets somehow online and it was $100 a seat. The most I’ve ever paid for a concert seat. Really great show and worth it for us. We were going for our anniversary and wanted to celebrate like we had the money… stayed at the Hyatt right on the river.

Hope you guys have a blast.

Best live band on the planet. You’re going to love it! :heart_eyes:

we have our tix for brandi carlile in july
and nathaneil rateliff in august…

hoping for some more shows.

Got tIx for Courtney Barnett in December. WOOOO!!!

Played a gig with my new band the other day, a block party. Went fine. Two members had only three rehearsals and had to learn our original songs, so it was a little rough but probably no one noticed.

Sounds like fun!

How’s this for some great news today:

And

Yes! :heart:

Both great–I’ll have to see if Kathleen is playing near me too.

I noticed Jason Isbell & the 400 unit are going to be coming to Grand Rapids in August with Strand of Oaks at a great theater.

I’d love to go but in order to get a decent seat it will cost you $200. I’m going to be skipping most concerts and not paying that price. Love to see Tim Schoalwater, but not worth the money to me. I’ve seen Isbell probably three times before.

We got to see Strand of Oaks open for Phosphorescent a long time ago with like 40-50 people there. It was super cool.

But I haven’t seen Strand of Oaks again and I want to.

He’s from Goshen, Indiana only an hour or so away from me. I like their music and I’m looking forward to their upcoming release.

My good buddy produced Heal.

Man is this exciting:

August 1: The Black Crowes at Deer Creek, Noblesville, IN
August 6 & 7: Phish at Deer Creek, Noblesville, IN
August 14: String Cheese Incident at Iroquois Amphitheater, Louisville, KY
September 19: Kathleen Edwards at Headliners, Louisville, KY
September 25: Damien Jurado at Headliners, Louisville, KY
November 11: Real Estate at Zanzabar, Louisville, KY

I agree.

August 5. Emmylou Harris and Los Lobos
August 7. Steve Earle
August 21. Jason Isbell
September 8. Kathleen Edwards
September 12. Robert Earl Keen
October 22 and 23. Steve Earle
October 29. John Hiatt and Jerry Douglas
November 7. Sierra Ferrell

Brandi Carlile played 3 nights in missoula over the 4th of July…and boy was it fucking amazing.
Her, the band, the LIVE MUSIC…the opener Katie Pruitt was awesome too…check her out if you get a chance.

Billy Strings playing with Billy and the Kids (Bill Kreutzmann’s band) at Red Rocks looked pretty great. He’s a better interpreter of Garcia and Dead music than John Mayer and that batch I think.