Live Music Thread

I couldn’t play on a chair that spins, that would freak me the fuck out :rofl:

So that Norah Jones show was fantastic. She sounded so good, with a great mix of old stuff from the first few albums up to the new stuff, which admittedly I’ve fallen behind on, so I have to catch up haha. My favorite from the night was Humble Me (from her second album, Feels Like Home), where she rearranged it for piano and pedal steel, vs the album version which is mostly acoustic guitar. She played for about an hour and a half, maybe 2. Plus, the opening act, Emily King, was really good, played about 45 mins. Her original stuff is really cool, and she did a beautiful cover of Landslide.

The venue was very nice, ampitheater. I had seats about 20–30 from the front, on the right side of the stage.

Yeah, I don’t know what’s up with that. He walked on stage like he had thrown his back out and sat down the whole time. But he’s apparently been playing seated all year, and so I don’t know what’s up. None of us are getting younger, of course.

True that, can’t imagine a moving seat helps a bad back (I have both at work and it sucks)

Yeah if it’s hard to stand you gotta stand more. Use it or lose it as they say.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2022/07/24/robert-earl-keen-farewell-concert-review/

I went to Amanda Shire’s album release show in Nashville last night. Great show. Great new album.

When you buy a tee at the show, but forget about it and then order two more (one for me, one for my friend who also bought the same shirt at the show). :woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2:

Saw John Moreland this week. His live shows are riveting. I bought his new one at the show. It’s great, but I wish he would ditch the backing tracks. He is so powerful on his own.

Nice! Agreed about his live shows.

I haven’t listened to the new album yet.

Thanks to you mentioning this I’ve been checking them out on streaming service and YouTube. Damn they’re great, the live stuff has such a groove.

Sweet. I’ve been listening to them a lot!

They keep releasing the recent shows on YouTube. They’re the perfect recordings people are paying to stream live.

Some of them are truly stunning. Nights In White Satin blew me away…

https://player.vimeo.com/video/517427712?h=cc091ce270

Pretty cool.

They bust out some surprising covers.

That is a kick-ass tee – love white/grey prints and black – and good for you. One wisdom that I have earned over the course of my life is that one should always buy at least two identical items of the clothes you decide on (applies to shorts, jeans, sneakers, etc). I am 47 and at this point I know what I like and have also learned the painful way that garments will be out of stock when you need them again.

For example, this is hands-down the best shirt that I have ever come across (washed black tencel). It is now out of stock in my size (permanently or temporary, I do not know). But I have four so I will be a-okay for a decade or so. https://www.adaysmarch.com/se/men/latest/back-to-work/tencel-shirt-off-black?att=WFM=&gclid=Cj0KCQjwuaiXBhCCARIsAKZLt3k6OP9K-IUaXk-CrRJQ6s-7lO_0x5nxLcM12_vOs0Y2xpJfpMyhDK8aAp_LEALw_wcB

Scrolling and literally thought this was Michael Ian Black. Ha.

I listened to a couple of older guys taking turns playing folk songs the other night in a dirty old guitar shop… better than anything i’ve seen live on stage lately. One of the guys was 86 years old and had a sweet 80’s Martin D-28. The other guy was the son of an old Luthier that I knew from Gibson custom shop back in the day. They played songs by Tom Paxton, The Carter Family, Johnny Cash, Lefty Frizzell and others. I was the only one listening, and he handed me his guitar and said why don’t you play something - so I hacked my way through Ring of Fire and Wild Horses. They both joined in on the choruses and with lead guitar over the top. Sounded good and made me feel good.

wow! wish we had a video

sounds splendid dougo!

Awesome :sunglasses: