New releases you are looking forward to

The last couple of albums were underwhelming, and he has been in a shitty mood every time I’ve seen him play in the last several years, but the new single sounds promising.

The Rolling Thunder Revue: The 1975 Live Recordings is down to $79.03 on Amazon now.

New Pixies album!!!

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/pixies-new-album-beneath-the-eyrie/#more-150645

EH, the last 2 new ones were garbage.

No Kim Deal, no deal.

New Bon Iver coming!!!

Just preordered!

I suppose you’re right. I forgot that Kim Deal wrote all those awesome, Pixies’ songs. I’m surprised the other three would attempt to continue without the driving force that was Kim Deal. Facetiousness aside…I never really understood Pixies’ fans obsession with Kim Deal. She didn’t write any of the songs. She’s credited as co-writing only three songs with Black Francis. She was an adequate bassist. A very good backing vocalist. And at the risk of coming off as sexist…she was pretty damn cute in her day. That about sums it up. I’m not sure what else I’m missing.

I like her. That’s enough for me.

There are a ton of good releases coming in the next few months, just off the top of my head:

Samantha Fish- "Kill Or Be Kind"
Charlie Parr- "S/T"
Pete Yorn- "Caretakers"
Pieta Brown- "Freeway"
Andrew Combs- "Ideal Man"
Eilen Jewell- "Gypsy"
Tyler Childers - “Country Squire”

I do like me some Andrew Combs

Tycho came out with a new one, called Weather. Here’s one of my favorites so far:

Only 500 bucks for the deluxe version!

Jeez. That’s steep!

Isobell Campbell- “There Is No Other”

Finally, it’s been 9 years since her last release (w/ Mark Lanegan), and 13 years since her last solo release. Should be a good one.

https://isobel-campbell.tmstor.es/

Surprised you guys aren’t more on Angel Olsen here. She really blew up with her last album in 2016. Her new one All Mirrors is out soon. Sounds like she’s moving away from the folk/rock sound a bit.

Has anyone mentioned the Brittany Howard (Alabama Shakes) solo debut set for mid September yet? Really digging everything I’m hearing so far.

Like it. Terry loves his yoghurt.

Terry is a hoot and shares a rhyming first name and a last name with an interesting novelist.