RIP thread

Yeah. It looks like “those people” didn’t happen.

she’s better off now than she was before.

Looks like RA killed his new album .

Now if we can just find out who killed his career…

Nobody killed his career. He’s still quite successful and in the public eye.

You’re no fun anymore.

I didn’t realize I was ever fun.

Truth!! :upside_down_face:

Scott Hutchison of Frightened Rabbit, apparent suicide.

In an interview last week, he gave voice to what it’s like to suffer with depression. Asked how he was doing, he replied,

“Pretty fine. Middling. On a day-to-day basis, I’m a solid six out of 10,” he said. “I don’t know how often I can hope for much more than that. I’m drawn to negatives in life, and I dwell on them, and they consume me. I don’t think I’m unique in that sense. I’m all right with a six. If I get a couple of days a week at a seven … it’s great.”

Loved them. Met him twice back around 2008 and he was wonderful. Midnight Organ Fight was my world back around that time. Feeling horrible for his brother Grant who played with him in FR. Saw them a couple times over the past 3 years.

It’s a weird realization when you’re in your mid 30s and you think about the fact that half of your favorite artists have killed themselves.

His brother died?

An absolutely horrible illness.

I did see somewhere recently where Ryan said his brother died.

apparently .

Damn, I really know nothing about his family. Wasn’t aware he even had siblings. Only people he ever mentioned were his grandparents back in the day.

Right. He’s an uncle even.

RIP, Tom Wolfe.

Reading The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test had a huge impression on me back in high school. I also read The kandy-Kolored Tangerine-Flake Streamline Baby and it was also good.

Characters from his books became my heroes, like Jerry Garcia, Ken Kesey, Neal Cassady and Ed “Big Daddy” Roth.

I worked in a book magazine when I was 16 and I had to put The Acid Test in the bargain bin. Couldn’t do it so i stole it Loved it.

The Right Stuff was the first book I read in English.

Philip Roth.