RIP thread

I remember watching Stiller and Meara on Johnny Carson.

The double rainbow guy.

Damn. We lost Fred Willard. Very few people made me laugh like Fred did. He was a truly brilliant improviser.

Aww. He was hysterical.
Best in Show is one of my favorites ever.

I first Loved his portrayal as Jerry on Fernwood Tonight. Martin Mull (Merle Jeeters’) sidekick.

Decades ago I met Martin Mull and got to talk with him for a few minutes. We talked about Tom Waits and Fred Willard. It was at a concert and we were able to see the sound check, then come backstage to his dressing room after the show. It was in a coaches dressing room At a small college gym, and they had enough coke and potato chips for all three of us.

*edit: Mull’s character wasn’t Merle Jeeters, that was Dabney Coleman’s character from Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman.

Coke?

…Of the a-cola variety.

A couple of crowd pleasers of pop and a bag of chips on his rider.

Ken Osmond

Better known as the insufferable sycophant Eddie Haskell from “Leave It To Beaver”.

Eddie Haskell was such a suck up.

Let’s be honest though…aside from these awesome shirts the Beaver and his friends bought, Eddie was the best part of the show.

Seriously, these are pretty badass.

Those are awesome.

I wonder if they were done by Ed “Big Daddy” Roth? That looks like his style a bit and he was an early airbrush tee shirt artist near Hollywood back in the early 60’s.

You are right the show was pretty lame and Eddie’s character was one of the only interesting things about it.

According to Wally, they were done by a stagehand.

The best part of that episode is that Beaver is the only one that actually wore it to school. His friends were busted by their parents before they left the house.

Wally doesn’t know shit… however ED Roth’s style may have been copied by a background painter on the lot. There was a lot of that going on. I got my start in art by imitating the master.

You can buy reproductions here.

I had no idea air brush was that old.

Stanley Mouse was also a contemporary of Ed Roth and did a lot of t-shirts back then.

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/images2/1/0611/08/original-stanley-mouse-flying-eyeball_1_cb4b7d1e81ddcfeac240fd26f1c4a5a5.jpg

This sounds interesting-

Both the Prine Family and Oh Boy Records — John’s own label — will present Picture Show: A Tribute Celebrating John Prine at 7:30 p.m. ET/4:30 p.m. PT on Thursday, June 11 via the late artist’s YouTube and Facebook pages. The online celebration of Prine will feature musicians, actors and family members honoring the Maywood, Illinois native.

I thought The Big Boy passed away a long time ago. Still…may he rest in peace.

gonna have to make time for this!!!