RIP thread

R.I.P the New England Patriots. Hoping Tom Brady/Bucs follows suit soon.

His name was Michael (Marvin?) Lee Aday…

Sad news, love Meat Loaf

he was great in any movie role they cast him in too. he was pretty cool from what i gather.

rip Meatloaf

Awww sad….

Damn it. I loved Louie Anderson. He was fantastic on Baskets.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/louie-anderson-dead-comedian-baskets-star-1235078681

While we mourn the loss of our beloved Meat Loaf and Louie Anderson, please keep their pallbearers in your prayers as well.

i dare you to post that on twitter.

No way. I’m not dealing with mad people today.

how very odd/crazy that on the day i buy one of his books for my daughter…he should pass.

Thich Nhat Hanh, a Vietnamese Buddhist monk who was one of the world’s most influential Zen masters, has died at 95.
Friday, January 21, 2022 4:44 PM EST

A prolific author, poet, teacher and peace activist, Thich Nhat Hanh was exiled from Vietnam after opposing the war in the 1960s and became a leading voice in a movement he called “engaged Buddhism,” the application of Buddhist principles to political and social reform.

Traveling widely on speaking tours in the United States and Europe (he was fluent in English and French), Thich Nhat Hanh (pronounced tik nyaht hahn) was a major influence on Western practices of Buddhism, urging the embrace of mindfulness, which his website describes as “the energy of being aware and awake to the present moment.”

:cry:

I love Thich Nhat Hanh and his teachings.

It’s quite possible that Louie Anderson’s last meal was Meatloaf.

And Meat Loaf’s last meal was crab Louie.

Which book did you buy?

Seems the meatloaf was the architect of his own demise. From a right wing rag:

https://nypost.com/2022/01/21/meat-loaf-was-reportedly-anti-vaccine-before-dying-from-covid-19/

I participated in a weekly fluoride rinse program when I was in elementary school. I’m 34, I have one filling, and I’m not even totally sold that I needed it. The statistic on the efficacy of the program is super compelling… 50% reduction in cavities over the life time of participants, this is a .2% sodium fluoride rinse. My daughter has a mouth full of rotten teeth. I went looking into trying to get this stuff to administer at home, and I had virtually no luck. But what I did find is that this is a government sponsored program that sparked such a hot political debate on something called “the swallow reflex” in 7 year olds, that not only do virtually no schools take part in this at this date, the situation of fluoride paranoia was so intense that Iowa had to institute a law that if bureaucrats wanna go rogue and just turn off fluoride to city water, they’re required to give written notice of 90 days to the population. Boomers ruin everything, and I blame Dr. Strangelove.

On that we agree.

Peace is Every Step: the path to mindfulness