So lets do some History ?

Land of the free

Jesus!

The lesson here is that if you are going to do ANY KIND OF PROTEST. You have to be armed to the testicles and wear tactical gear.

If you aren’t the police/media/boogaloo-squad/anarchists will take advantage of the situation. If blacks and whites, protesting police brutality, were all armed, then they could easily stop all the fuckery with people throwing bricks, smashing windows, etc. In fact, some of it might not have happened at all.

I’m not a big first amendment guy at all, but I’m slowly coming around.

2nd Amendment?

Both actually. :wink:

Speaking of the 1st, did you hear that the latest Michael Moore documentary got taken down by YouTube? Michael Moore.

@Monkey

Good article

King said. “I think that we’ve got to see that a riot is the language of the unheard. And, what is it that America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the economic plight of the Negro poor has worsened over the last few years.”

To quote @WillieCash, if Dr. MLK Jr was alive today, he’d agree with me.

You’re never going to convince me that looting is justifiable. That’s the one thing I am stuck on.

I agree with one exception

I love this photo.

Yes, there is some incredible imagery

The only sensible thing to do at an Arby’s.

After receiving only $1,200 after being laid-off, seeing the largest wealth transfer in history to banks/corporations/the birth of the first trillionaire, and you not able to work, and after seeing an autopsy of a murdered man in your city, which says he died of his pre-existing conditions and not the actual cop kneeling on his neck…in the same month of seeing all the other police brutality and modern day lynching in Georgia.

When the powerless feel there are no other options, this is when it happens. I’d like to hear @Waves take on this.

But I get it, you are a small business owner. I would be absurdly strapped if I was a small business owner.

I totally get the rage of everything happening. It’s all exploding into this. People are angry, and they have every right to be. I don’t feel bad for the corporations, but I do feel for the small businesses. Unfortunately to see progress they may have to lose what they have.

I also don’t know about other areas, but in mine it looks like the police are instigating it. Almost all of the protests have been peaceful, but a lot of people are sharing that the cops have started pepper spraying people and using rubber bullets over nothing. Several people in my area have stated they haven’t been able to get out when they try to leave, that police are following the protesters, arresting them, not allowing bail to be paid and cornering them.

I work for a large insurance carrier and ours came out internally today and said they’re understand the anger coming from the death of George Floyd, the acts and targeting of POC that have lead up to this are unacceptable and that they’re here for our POC employees and will do whatever they can to back them up. I know that it seems like a non-message, but for a very conservative industry I think it’s a step. (Unrelated, but we in the past 2-years have quit any gun manufacturing or sales products and will no longer write business associated with that or the NRA.

Ha

Saving this