So lets do some History ?

Where is the Obama pic from?

Selma Bridge

jesus! holy fuck that is perfect/not perfect

Love it!

This song was my gateway to Kendrick Lamar. Then I went back to Good Kid Madd City and really fell in love with his music.

The police are awful and anyone who’s not a cop or an apologist for authoritarianism has known this for years, but if you aren’t black or poor you probably don’t deal with it on a regular basis. Things finally boiled over because more young people took notice through social media, and the open bigotry of the Trump admin, the economy collapsing and months long quarantine created a pressure cooker waiting to explode. And I think a lot of people on the left were rightly pissed off that the Dems screwed over any real chance at much/change reform and this provided an outlet for some of that angst. Meanwhile the mainstream media has been working overtime to lie to meemaw and peepaw to bury the rightful grievances of black Americans in BS stories highlighting white people instigating looting or vandalism.

Not hard to predict, when a lot of this happened on a smaller scale after Ferguson, but I think a lot of middle class whites initially wrote off BLM as a fringe movement that didn’t matter to them. And outside of the societal issues you mentioned already with the disparity in wealth, local police forces are the one public entity that hasn’t been subject to austerity during budget cuts/shortfalls. Since 9/11 they’ve all used that money to pretty much become a para-military force which enforces poverty and racial hierarchy.

So yeah, anyways it looks like they’re might be some real change in some major urban areas as calls to defund and restructure the police force are nearing the early stages in Minneapolis. Anyway, this country is fucked for now. I’ve been mostly hunkered down with our 7-month old trying not to get sick and stay on unemployment but I wish I was more involved.

Thanks for chiming in, Waves. Always appreciate your take. Also, congrats on being a PAPA!

“And outside of the societal issues you mentioned already with the disparity in wealth, local police forces are the one public entity that hasn’t been subject to austerity during budget cuts/shortfalls. Since 9/11 they’ve all used that money to pretty much become a para-military force which enforces poverty and racial hierarchy.

Excellent point, which isn’t discussed enough.

Thanks man. The past year has been a blur.

whoa!

someone wanted to have a kid w/ you???

NO FUCKING WAY!

Also, i miss baseball.

oh.

AND CONGRATS BUDDY!!!

:kissing_heart:

No baseball is killing me. I actually watched Korean baseball when their season first started.

Thanks, yes someone had a child with me! Just as crazy to me. She’s currently keeping us up half the night, so I’m exhausted most days.

Congrats Waves!

And I’m happy my Tigers had the best April and May they’ve had in years!

Thanks. Lol yeah I forgot you were a Detroit guy. The Royals have an infinitely better chance of making the playoffs the less games there are so I’m ready to go.

Congrats on the baby girl, Waves!

Congratulations!

Congrats on the baby! :cherry_blossom: