So lets do some History ?

I think the gotcha moment is proof that he is a shitty businessman. On the one hand, it’s hard to believe that anyone is undecided at this point, but supposedly some people are.

I mean, it clearly embarrasses him, or else he wouldn’t be having another toddler meltdown.

BREAKING: Billionaire pays a negligible amount of taxes under a tax code written by billionaires.

BREAKING: Donald Trump is a fraud.

this just in…DONALD TRUMP EATS PIECES OF SHIT FOR BREAKFAST!!!

I’m waiting for Meade to weigh in before I say anything.

Good luck getting that bitch on a scale.

OK, I just now read he is in debt 421 million. I’m guessing everyone saw that detail when they read about him not paying taxes.

He’s got a pretty freewheeling lifestyle for a guy that’s 421 million in debt. Going by his own statements, isn’t he a billionaire? How can he be millions in debt but also raging against Forbes magazine when they underestimate his wealth?

Now I’m just a simple caveman lawyer, but something isn’t adding up here.

Is being 421 million in debt as a multi-billionaire the same as carrying a 150K loan on a house when you are middle class (45-80k a year)?

I’m guessing you can’t pay down the loan because he has so much tied up in properties that keep other properties afloat. It’s confusing?

I’m not being Cheeto’s advocate.

BREAKING NEWS: @Ely_Plains is a Trump supporter.

My concern isn’t the amount of debt, but who he is indebted to. I am hopeful that comes out in the next few weeks.

His subservience and obsequiousness to Russia has never been explained to my satisfaction. He is a simple man with simple motivations and not one to avoid confrontation with anyone, so this exception bears explanation.

Short answer, no, not the same.

How much taxes did the person in the example you gave pay?

I know, it’s a false equivalency. Agree about the difference being in how much the middle class person pays in taxes.

Eric Trump explained in 2017 that his father doesn’t rely on American banks, because he has funding from Russia.

There’s more than the amount of tax payment differential. The 65K salary person has credit cards, mortgage, auto, perhaps student loans that make up their debt. While I won’t pretend to know the Donald’s tax situation (since none of us can, as he won’t divulge it–always a sign of hiding something, never a sign of honesty), his income and debt is made messy by his style of business and efforts to avoid taxation, which our ‘everyman’ example doesn’t have the luxury of doing.

Simply put, he can’t have it both ways–he tells the IRS he is 421 million in debt. He publicly tells Forbes magazine that their estimate of his wealth at 2.1 billion is far too low.

You either have 20 pumpkins or you owe your friend 5. Which is it?

Trump’s take on it:

"I paid many millions of dollars in taxes but was entitled, like everyone else, to depreciation & tax credits. Also, if you look at the extraordinary assets owned by me, which the Fake News hasn’t, I am extremely under leveraged – I have very little debt compared to the value of assets.
Much of this information is already on file, but I have long said that I may release Financial Statements, from the time I announced I was going to run for President, showing all properties, assets and debts. It is a very IMPRESSIVE Statement, and also shows that I am the only President on record to give up my yearly $400,000 plus Presidential Salary!”

He suffers from that semi-literate business-person’s habit of capitalizing things because he wants them to be important.

With a bad combover.

I want to highlight one word here: he said was ‘entitled.’

That would mean he can’t use it as an insult, and his adherents need to rethink doing so as well.