Social Justice Warrior culture

People in academia sometimes have their preferred pronoun listed in their email signature.

Yrs.,
Ely Plains
pronouns: he/his

Has anyone noticed this in their field or is it just more prevalent in universities?

I’ve never seen that before.

Never seen, nor heard of it.

So that’s two from the most uptight PC state in the country.

I’ve never seen that.

Nobody in produce does that :yum:
I have two customers who don’t even use email yet.

Facsimile?

Yes!

I’m attending a 3 hour training on microagressions in January. I’ll be sure to live-post it then.

So, it turns out that people who are obviously male or female in academia put their pronouns in their signature as an encouragement for those students who have atypical preferred pronouns to come forward and share them.

I didn’t want to leave you all in suspense.

I work at a university, and I’ve worked at two community colleges and I haven’t seen this but it doesn’t seem that far fetched to me. I have a trans student and they go by just the first initial of their last name. Doesn’t really come up much other than the first days in class. Great student, one of the best grades in the class actually.

"People in academia sometimes have their preferred pronoun listed in their email signature.

Yrs.,
Ely Plains
pronouns: he/his

Has anyone noticed this in their field or is it just more prevalent in universities?"

The criminal courtroom gave me a new appreciation for the solace, peace, and relative sophistication of my workplace and coworkers.

I do admire the grit of trial attorneys.

Yep. All it takes is a nice heaping helping of the general public to realize how lucky we are.

I learned a new term today for people of color…
People of the Global Majority

https://www.pgmone.org/contact