Some of my photos. Here you go, Egg.

Keep it up monk

Im gonna post 1 pic i took last weekend at the cemetery in dillon
Stopped by to see the foster plot and pour some beer on Jeff’s grave

Took it with the new iPhone X

It’s a beautiful pic. And I’m always sorry for what happened to your bother, you and your family.

Beautiful picture. You have so much space over there

Monkey, my favorites are bird, tree and cemetery. Tree especially.

Love the pic, Rod. How is new phone?
I’m due, just paid off my iPhone 6 but right now I’m probably best off with the lower bill for a few months.

Great pictures, Monkey. Thank you for sharing. :grinning:

Welcome! It really is my therapy and if I’m being honest I do want people to like my work.:slight_smile:

I’m curious, who are your influences?
Do you have any particular photographer that you really like?
Or a photographer’s style that you like?

Believe it nor not, my biggest influences are Ansel Adams and Mary Ellen Mark even though I don’t really shoot landscapes or people. But I’ve learned perspective and subject placement from both.

Interesting! I do see their influences in your pictures. The Ansel Adams dream-like quality and the darkness that comes through in Mary Ellen Mark’s pictures.
I always thought her twins were pretty creepy!
Most of them look like they were related to The Shining Twins!! :laughing:

I got to see some of Ansel Adams Hawaii pictures one time when I was visiting the First Hawaiian Bank Building in Honolulu. The bank commissioned him to take pictures for a book in 1957.
They were stunning. I was so happy that I got to see them in “real life” and not just on the internet or something. :smiley:

My influences are mostly fashion photographers, Irving Penn (love his still life images), Richard Avedon, Helmut Newton, probably because I was interested in fashion when I was growing up.
And I’ve always loved Robert Mapplethorpe’s flowers. And of course, I love Ansel Adams.

I like Alfred Stieglitz, Edward Steichen, and Edward Weston.

All three have helped me to look at light, shadow and mood. Really, their influence is as much in my art as my photography… which is really just a sidebar hobby.

Also I saw a show of Ansel Adams photography (along with Edward Hopper paintings) at Atlanta’s High Museum of Art several years ago that was incredible.

I love Dorothea Lange

Monkey, I love your moon pictures.

Please post some more and tell me what camera you used, how you took them, when you took them, your camera settings, etc. All those things that camera nerds like to read about. :wink:

Something soon.

Thank you!

I don’t know. I was getting used to marble dick.

Me, too.
I miss the marble dick avatar.

Nick, please change my name to Marble Dick. K. Thanks.

Way harder than Ceramic Dick.

I like it. It has a nice ring to it.
Like a comic book villain.
Poison Ivy, Red Skull, Marble Dick.
Fits right in!