Thanksgiving

They are going to try another time to remove Haven’s breathing tube tomorrow. Last time her right lung partially collapsed and they had to remove a lot of fluid in and around her lungs. Hopefully, she’ll be able to keep both lungs fully operational and be able to keep breathing on her own fine. They have dropped her oxygen way down to nothing and she seems to be doing OK. Her little smile is from the gas bubbles they saw on the X-ray.

Hoping for the best for that little sweet pea.

LOVE LOVE LOVE HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS TO YOU AND YOURS DOUGO. Haven is a beauty.

She got extubated today! She is doing well so far breathing on her own. It will be a tense couple of days, but we’ve become kind of use to that. She is such a sweet little girl and they found she has a gall stone last night - which had been causing her lots of pain and discomfort.

🥲

Crying happy tears is a nice change.

Congrats, buddy!

love this dougo!

also, i’m sorry i narrowly beat you on fantasy football this week. it was not looking too good for me two nights ago.

Ha.

I didn’t even know I had a team. It’s usually better that way.

So my granddaughter Haven is doing so great they are saying she may come home from the hospital tomorrow. She’s 8 weeks old and has spent her entire life in the hospital. This is the outcome we barely allowed ourselves to dream of.

Oh, and I forgot to mention she’s the most beautiful baby in the world.

Great news Dougo.

She is gorgeous, Dougo! Congrats, sir!