The Boss thread

I saw it when it came out. It’s okay. I seem to remember some weird symbolism stuff in it that didn’t seem to fit.

I recall Indian Runner as being very good. Viggo Mortensen & Davod Morse are always good. However, I think it’s been almost 30 years since I saw it. So there’s the chance it hasn’t aged well.

I’m sure Jeep must have been horrified at the prospect of that news getting out before the Super Bowl ad ran. That ad probably cost them millions to make, and pay Bruce for and also just the time slot running on the broadcast would have been maybe another million. He’s likely been caught before, but if the cop is a fan he probably just got off with an autograph.

Right. This one probably didn’t like 41 Shots.

At least he didn’t yell the n-word when he was arrested. As far as we know.

Or grope the officer…as far as we know.

https://www.app.com/story/news/local/courts/2021/02/10/springsteen-blew-0-02-quarter-legal-limit-source-says/6712582002/

Unfortunate mistake.
He should have politely declined because he was riding his motorcycle.

This is so good! I watched it when the album first came out. Also the Western Stars movie is fantastic.

Hey all. So, one of my daughter’s favorite artists recently covered I’m On Fire. I heard her listening to it. That sent me down a rabbit-hole on Spotify where I was listening to cover after cover of I’m On Fire. I must have listened to the lyrics 20 times in a row. What in the ever-loving-hell is he singing about? I know I could Google it, but I thought I’d throw it out to this group. The lyrics creeped out my 17-year old daughter. She was like, “I knew this had to be a cover of an old song because of the lyrics”. Anyways, what’s up with this song?

It’s about sex, dude. Clandestine, middle of the night, affair with a married woman sex. Ahahaha.

No shade though, it took me approximately 300 listens to “Rosie” by Jackson Browne to realize that it was actually a middle school joke about jacking it and not a love song.

Kind of weird that a working class hero is named “The Boss.”

It’s Summer of 69 in reverse.

I know it’s about sex. It’s just the lyrics are pretty borderline creepy:

Hey, little girl, is your daddy home?
Did he go away and leave you all alone?
I got a bad desire

Tell me now, baby, is he good to you?
And can he do to you the things that I do?
Oh no, I can take you higher