The Movie Thread

Needed something lighthearted to follow it up. We chose Chef. Really cute movie. I like Jon Favreau. Better than you’d think it’d be if you read the description. :taco:

And oldie but a goodie. I cried like a baby when I watched it a few years ago.

I cried like a baby too. Tragic story.

Watched another documentary about another fucked up family and story. You’re going to want to see this one too, e_a if you haven’t.

That one is very good! I watched it shortly after watching The Jinx. He’s definitely guilty.

I rented the science fiction movie Life and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it.
The effects are outstanding and I caught myself grinning at the ending.
Obviously my mind is warped. :grinning:

We enjoyed it too

I guessed the ending

That damn thing was too smart!!!

Watching it now. I’m a little tipsy though.

I know. Shocker.

Whoa! Awesome. We deserve it!

Caught myself grinning again. :grin:

We’re watching The Karate Kid. Been a while! :u5408:

Morgan Spurlock’s Rats

The Vietnamese restaurant and the rat hunters in Dubai!

watched this last night. It was really cool. way better than that picture implies.
Grateful Dead, The Band, Janis Joplin and more were on a train through Canada for a week in 1970. They stopped at a few cities and played a few shows, but the time in between, days and nights on the train, was where the good stuff happened. Just hanging out and partying and playing together on the train. I liked it!!

"In the summer of 1970, a chartered train crossed Canada carrying some of the world’s greatest rock bands. The Grateful Dead, Janis Joplin, The Band, Buddy Guy, and others lived (and partied) together for five days, stopping in major cities along the way to play live concerts. Their journey was filmed. "

That’s what ‘Might as Well’ is about.

I have that film on DVD.

There is a whole additional disc of musical performances included as well. Incredible story about gathering those old film cans stored in someone’s garage for 50 years.

Okja. I was afraid it would be a bit childish (about a girl and her friendship with a giant pig) but it was actually very good.

we watched this last night:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BNTE2Nzg1NjkzNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTgyODMyMTI@.V1_SY1000_CR0,0,631,1000_AL.jpg

First of all I hate scary movies and didn’t even want to watch it. It wasn’t scary just suspenseful and very twisted and odd. It went way off in a direction I wasn’t expecting. It was entertaining enough but honestly I thought the whole twisted part was just absurd and in the end I thought this was a really far fetched idea of a movie.

it’s interesting it got almost an 8 on IMDB. The comments are two extremes: people either gave it a 9 or 10 or gave it a 0! I guess I’d recommend it if you’re curious and like a movie with a twist and I’d say don’t read anything about the plot. But I can’t say it was a good movie.

we watched this over the weekend. I liked it. Can’t say I saw many of his movies but he seemed like a cool person and a really nice guy. They really didn’t talk at all about how he died, though it sounds like he accidentally mixed too many prescription drugs and his heart stopped. Very sad.

I’ve never seen Gone Girl. I might watch it this evening.