The Movie Thread

This.

i am loving better call saul. hope this is good too

We watched a really good documentary last night about a guy who walked every street of the five boroughs of New York City.

Good?

We both thought so. It’s 3 1/2 hours so be prepared for that. Excellent acting as expected. The cast is outrageous. I’m sure there will be Oscar nominations.

We loved it. Had to watch in two parts though.

Watched Snowpiercer

You should skip it.

I’m embarrassingly deep in The Mandalorian.

For what it was, I really enjoyed Snowpiercer.

https://nerdist.com/article/willy-wonka-chocolate-factory-snowpiercer-sequel-fan-theory-dan-cave/

I like Korean Directors, but this is a rabbit hole I don’t want to join you in…

i stand w/ Ely on this one. sorry monkey. snow piercer was a waste of time.

I get classicism, the caste system, and all that, but for this theme to resonate the proletarians have to be engaged in some kind of exploitative labor. The people at the back of the train were obviously in terrible living conditions, but what labor function did they serve? Were they manufacturing anything? This was the part that didn’t make sense to me.

Also, the violence was gratuitous. Again, I’m a fan of Korean directors. I loved “The Tunnel.”

They were processed into food bars and fuel.

Nope, the protein bars were made of bugs. Also, the people were not turned into fuel. I know they played a small role in keeping the engine going, but the premise wasn’t coherent enough for me.

I’m a fan of Korean Dictators.

Loved this. Watched it twice.

i can’t see it? what is it?

Dolemite is My Name!

That looks great.

Nothing could beat the original Dolemite though…

Oh sorry! Dolemite is my Name. Eddie Murphy is excellent.

I’m going to have to check out this one and the Irishman on Netflix.