The Quotes Page

we all have our favorites…post em if you got em…by anyone …

Will: So, when did you know, like, that she was the one for you?
Sean: October 21st, 1975.
Will: Jesus Christ. You know the fuckin’ date?
Sean: Oh yeah. ‘Cause it was Game 6 of the World Series. Biggest game in Red Sox history.
Will: Yeah, sure.
Sean: My friends and I had, you know, slept out on the sidewalk all night to get tickets.
Will: You got tickets?
Sean: Yep. Day of the game. I was sittin’ in a bar, waitin’ for the game to start, and in walks this girl. Oh, it was an amazing game, though. You know, bottom of the eighth, Carbo ties it up at 6-6. It went to twelve. Bottom of the twelfth, in stepped Carlton Fisk. Old Pudge. Steps up to the plate, you know, and he’s got that weird stance.
Will: Yeah, yeah.
Sean: And BAM! He clocks it. High fly ball down the left field line! Thirty-five thousand people, on their feet, yellin’ at the ball, but that’s not because of Fisk. He’s wavin’ at the ball like a madman.
Will: Yeah, I’ve seen…
Sean: He’s going, “Get over! Get over! Get OVER!” And then it HITS the foul pole. OH, he goes apeshit, and 35,000 fans, you know, they charge the field, you know?
Will: Yeah, and he’s fuckin’ bowlin’ police out of the way!
Sean: Goin’, “God! Get out of the way! Get 'em away!” Banging people…
Will: I can’t fuckin’ believe you had tickets to that fuckin’ game!
Sean: Yeah!
Will: Did you rush the field?
Sean: No, I didn’t rush the fuckin’ field; I wasn’t there.
Will: What?
Sean: No - I was in a bar havin’ a drink with my future wife.
Will: You missed Pudge Fisk’s home run?
Sean: Oh, yeah.
Will: To have a fuckin’ drink with some lady you never met?
Sean: Yeah, but you shoulda seen her; she was a stunner.

I love Will & Grace!

no you don’t.

fucking LIAR.

knock it off

“Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” - John Muir

You’re right.

“Drink your tea slowly and reverently, as if it is the axis on which the world earth revolves - slowly, evenly, without rushing toward the future.”

― Thich Nhat Hanh

I love Thich Nhat Hanh. I read his book, “Peace is Every Step” years ago and I really enjoyed it.
I had been meaning to read more of his books and never got around to it.
Thanks for the quote. I’m going to go find some of his books to read.

That quote, though ~ I know it as this:

“Drink your tea slowly and reverently, as if it is the axis on which the world earth revolves – slowly, evenly, without rushing toward the future. Live the actual moment. Only this moment is life.

I’m going to go find some of his books to read.

Me too. “No Mud, No Lotus: The Art of Transforming Suffering” - is on my booklist.

“I had as yet no notion that life every now and then becomes literature—not for long, of course, but long enough to be what we best remember, and often enough so that what we eventually come to mean by life are those moments when life, instead of going sideways, backwards, forward, or nowhere at all, lines out straight, tense and inevitable, with a complication, climax, and, given some luck, a purgation, as if life had been made and not happened.”
― Norman Maclean, A River Runs Through It and Other Stories