Travels 2020 - Where ya headed?

I was thinking about moving to New Mexico mainly due to the fact that shrooms are legal there. Santa Fe is lovely.

I think I’ve gotta do a hard exit from California but Joshua Tree will always be a place I will return. Maybe I could have a second home/shack there someday

Santa Fe is fucking fantastic. As close to being on the moon as I’ve been. Nice choice.

:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

Yeah, I can get a house at least twice the size of our Seattle home for half the price in the general area around New Paltz/Kingston. Taxes are a bitch, but it’s still cheaper.

you can buy a 6 bedroom mansion in butte for 89,000

NOT KIDDING.

I read where Kalamazoo, Michigan was one of the cheapest places to live in the US.

I guess I lucked out.

Asking again - what are a few interesting places to stay or see between Boulder and Detroit?

I suppose I could take either I-80 or I-70, preferably I-80 to keep it chip chop.

The beach and lake in Chicago is awesome.
Along with everything else in Chicago.

I hear Chicago is still pretty great but I haven’t spent much time there. I’d also like to check out some small midwestern cities including Omaha, Wichita and Des Moines

There’s a lot of undeveloped land for cheap in Colorado.

I think beautiful areas like the Hill Country of Central Texas are going to look like Arizona in the next 30 years.

If they can pump enough water there.

Montana is full. I heard North Dakota is nice :slight_smile:

You don’t want to go to Wichita.

Illinois, where people are leaving much faster than there coming.

I spent some time in Topeka in the 80s and 90s when my dad had business dealings there but mostly it’s as plain as the land suggests

At least do Lawrence if you’re feeling the need for an extended Kansas stay. We’re having to go through Topeka twice today and it’s bleh.

All work related; Philly in a few weeks, DC in April, possibly also Japan. Kentucky in March. Norway is also a maybe for the late summer.

Last year was a good year: Italy (Elba), Japan, Cyprus. This year is shaping up to be similar