What are you listening to now?

Paul Cauthen. I thought this guy was a joke but I couldn’t get this song out of my head so I checked out the album and he’s great. He’s got an amazing voice.

Cool, I may need to go little further down the rabbit hole. Great voice indeed. Waylon Jennings like…

It’s like Elvis and Waylon Jennings fucked and this country lounge singer was the bastard product of it.

Fucking gimmicky as hell.

Yeah. I think I love him.

I’m here for this.

Nothing hokey about this. The guitar tone is something else. This whole album is great.

K, now I need to spin this whole album now :slight_smile:

Ugh. I don’t get it. I watched all 4 videos now. Listened to him sing for almost 25 minutes. I ammend my previous statement to read:

It’s like Elvis, Jimmy Swaggart and Waylon Jennings fucked and this country lounge singer was the bastard product of it.

Fucking gimmicky as hell.

I’ve listened to the album a few times now. The guy can flat out sing and that voice is from another time. His instrumentation is modern and pretty cool. He’s got songs too. That cocaine country song is the only gimmicky song on there. But you know, everyone isn’t for everyone. I’m curious to see where he goes. Not conventionally pretty. I can pick him out though. Can’t say that for most of the male singer songwriters out there right now.

Girl From The North Country from the Dylan show in Mankato, I was there, and it sounds just as good the second time.

(1:03:20 if it doesn’t start there)

Wilco was in Grand Rapids last night I believe, but it looks like they must have taped this performance on Seth Meyer’s’ late night show last night. They are at the Hill Auditorium tonight in Ann Arbor… Can’t afford to go see them this time, but always enjoy their live shows.

Leif Vollebekk’s new album New Ways came out lsat Friday, and it’s great. I said it last time, but it’s a beautiful, raw record:

That was really good… thanks for posting, Neb.

worth about 10 re-listens.

i can put this album in the dropbox if no one has it?

Beck- Paisley Park Sessions

Thought of you when I saw this coming out.

The Prince medley is a lot of fun