What are you listening to now?

Yes, I think Sin City was mostly Hillman’s song, at least lyrically.

I sit corrected. Lied to by a bio I read.

This album is so SO good. I liked the Tweedy one but this is Mavis at her best. We saw her a week or so ago. She was doing a free concert in the park. Found out about it in the morning and changed our plans to be there. She sounded excellent. Her band is tight. See her if you can.

Holy fucking great Friday, Batman!

The most famous Springsteen bootleg of all time, Piece De Resistance, comes to the live archive series as Passaic 9/19/78, newly mixed from Plangent Processed multi-track master tapes. As originally broadcast up and down the Eastern seaboard, the first night of three at the Capitol Theatre may be the definitive Darkness tour document and features “Streets Of Fire,” "Independence Day,” “Prove It All Night,” “Meeting Across The River,” “Kitty’s Back,” “Fire,” “Because The Night” “Point Blank” and “Raise Your Hand.” This beloved live performance has never sounded better.
ORDER SHOW
Badlands
Streets of Fire
Spirit in the Night
Darkness on the Edge of Town
Independence Day
The Promised Land
Prove It All Night
Racing in the Street
Thunder Road
Meeting Across the River
Jungleland
Kitty’s Back
Fire
Candy’s Room
Because the Night
Point Blank
Not Fade Away - She’s The One
Backstreets
Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)
Born to Run
Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
Detroit Medley
Raise Your Hand
ORDER SHOW

I was going to post something about this news.

This show was one of the bootlegs my friends and I listened to a lot. From back in the old days when we’d get cassette tapes in the mail of bootleg recordings. I think I may still have a dupe’d copy made from one of those.

Love the new Springsteen, strings and all.

It’s in the box…

@DougoBlue

Just had a quick listen to a few tracks and sounds interesting. Thanks for the tip.

The Highwomen album really lives up to the hype.

My buddy Gethen Jenkins’ new record is pretty solid as well.

Really liking this. Touches of Springsteen and Gaslight Anthem. Pretty good for a guy from North Shields.

I’ve been listening to Nashville women singing country since before this… but it’s about as good as it gets for me.

me too buddy. voice of an angel.