What are you listening to now?

So I have been helping a friend of my cousin’s daughter - who has become a friend of mine - with her album cover graphics. She’s a local high school kid with (I think) a lot of talent as a songwriter. She plays guitar and ukulele and a bit of piano and has a good voice with a lot of range. Her dad is a recording engineer and has a home studio where her album was recorded. It will be coming out in December. She has another single that she’s released on Spotify, etc. here. Check it out on Band Camp - Lucy Lowis from Kalamazoo.

https://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/track=3967337032/size=large/bgcol=ffffff/linkcol=0687f5/tracklist=false/transparent=true/Smile (Album Version) by Lucy Lowis

Best of John Prine on ACL this week, check your PBS.

Hardly Strictly Bluegrass:

I really like his “Crazy As A Loon” on ACL

Can’t believe I missed this concert. Not the greatest recording, the acoustics kind of suck at Wings, but from all accounts from my friends this was a great one.

I love their version of So Far Away:

And then when Paul Franklin stopped by for Walk of Life:

Ryan who?

Ryan What?

23%20AM
My friend and neighbor Michelle took this photo at South Haven a couple days ago and David Woodman - From Great Britain - wrote a song on hammered dulcimer inspired by this photo. Check it out at 13:50

That whole album gets a play just about every week at chez moi, has for years.

What a great album that is. I remember watching the Nelson Mandela tribute show, and she just blew the place away.

I’m kind of a sucker for the old BeeGees. Pretty great collaboration of Barry Gibb and Jason Isbell here.