Yeah, that was a really good show.
The Gram Parsons tribute album was great too. I especially liked the Cowboy Junkies on that one.
It was really that album that turned me on to so many musicians. Lucinda Williams, Whiskeytown, Wilco, Beck, The Cowboy Junkies, Gillian and Dave etc.
Seriously one of my favorite things on YouTube
I love it too!
Really feeling Neal’s songs lately
Trying to learn Green Moon on guitar; I can kind of make out the solo/lead parts; I’m pretty sure it’s in D. would be fun to nail this one down
That is a really great song.
This got a chuckle out of me.
My son has a short playlist of songs he likes (most of them sound the same, and most of them are in this thread or the other).
- Family Tree - Ben Kweller
- The Rainbow Connection - Kermit
- Flying Saucer Blues - Margot and the Nuclear So and Sos
- San Antonio Fading - Noah Gundersen
- Doing Something Wrong - Magnolia Electric Co.
- Lizzy - Ben Kweller
- Tule’s Blues (from Preludes, he won’t tolerate the studio version) - Warren Zevon
I could add “The One” by tswift to this list, but my husband would probably start working in the basement again… Weird that he likes that one so much though, it’s nothing like the others.
There’s a lot of pride showing in your smile.
My daughter also has a playlist that she dictated to me, her taste is… eclectic. You’ll like this one a lot.
- Mr. Roboto - Styx
- Big Rock Candy Mountain - Harry McClintock
- Raconte-Moi Une Histore - M83
- Rainbow Connection - Kermit (ha)
- My Evaline - Weezer
- The Old Black Hen - Songs: Ohia
- The Girl and the Robot - Royksopp
- Playgirl - Ladytron
- Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots - The Flaming Lips
- Waitin’ for a Superman - The Flaming Lips
- Easy Lee - Michael Mayer
- Aquarius - Boards of Canada
13-19. Every version of “Tricky Tricky” by Royksopp she could find
20. Here’s Your Future - The Thermals
21. On My Way - Ben Kweller
22. Dancehall Queen - Robyn
23. Hong Kong Garden - Siouxsie Sioux & the Banshees
24. Happy House - Siouxsie Sioux & the Banshees
25. Spellbound - Siouxsie Sioux & the Banshees
26. Cities in Dust - Siouxsie Sioux & the Banshees
27. I’ve Been Riding with the Ghost - Songs: Ohia
28. Sweet Illusions - Ryan Adams (I KNOW but she insisted, this was a damn lullaby from her babyhood…#regrets)
29. As the Raven Flies - Dan Fogelberg
30. Space Oddity - David Bowie
Why isn’t ‘Sex Type Thing’ by STP on there?
I know you’re kidding, but she actually hates any heavy guitar music. Any time it comes on shuffle she’ll be like… “What is this?” and I’ll tell her even though she’s not really asking, and she’ll say “I don’t like it, it’s too loud,” which is not what she means as the volume has not changed. This is ironic because her father makes her listen to Pig Destroyer in the car and she does not complain. I try to play grunge music and it’s game over.
We listened to this on the way to school this morning.
It still astonishes me that Paul McCartney’s brother wanted to be in the music business, but this is what he chose to do.
I’m guessing the brother is far left? He obviously got short changed in the genetics dept. The corny stuff makes sense though.
Yup! That’s him. He went by Mike McGear so he didn’t have to live in Paul’s shadow. “Lily the Pink” was the UK’s #1 hit for four weeks!
Buffy Sainte Marie’s version of Helpless was featured in the movie Hotel Artemis (which I’ve never heard of).
These guys are my guilty pleasure, I guess.